We went into her room and wished her a Merry Christmas, changed her diaper, changed her clothes, did her hair, made her bed, said morning prayers, and then we asked Hannah if she wanted to see what Santa brought her. Her exact answer was "mmm..., not right now." It was funny. However, eventually she came out with us and found her Santa gifts.
She was very excited about her new books and puzzles and she instantly wanted to do a puzzle. So while Nathan and Hannah started the puzzles, I went into the kitchen and made us some scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. I figured we could eat while she was enjoying her gifts, and it worked out beautifully.
At the time Nathan and I both finished our breakfast, Hannah said she wanted to open her gifts so we started getting presents from under the tree. Some of her presents were a new winter coat, a felt Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head (for the Sunday bag), some money, a real Mr. Potato Head, a few new stuffed animals, some felt envelopes that I made her, some learning puzzle type flashcards for numbers and small words, and a new little table meant just for Hannah.
Hannah enjoyed playing with all her gifts one by one as she opened them up. She also enjoyed wrapping the ribbon around her waist, playing with the boxes and using them as skis, and putting her books on the piano to "play music" with them (even though they are not music books). But then Hannah would get distracted by Nathan and I opening one of our gifts and then she would want to open more herself. Ah, to be a kid again.
Nathan and I got a family calendar for our kitchen that I made for us, Pajamas for us both, a red sweater (for Nathan), a cookbook of my Grandma's famous recipes, and a Rainbow Brite ornament.
Hannah's favorite parts of today were helping Daddy put together her work table, and playing with her Mr. Potato Head. Kronk kept himself busy as well by playing in the cardboard boxes.
Later in the day, we talked with our parents by phone and video chat. It's nice to talk with family while being so far away. For dinner we went up to the Markel's house (friends from church) and had a Christmas dinner with them -- prime rib, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn, rolls, and pie. It was delicious and the company was delightful. Hannah especially loved playing with Chris, her new buddy (sorry no photo of Chris...it was blurry).
When we came home we all got dressed in our jammies and are ready to call it a night. We are tired, but very grateful that it has been a wonderful Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.















2 comments:
What a great Christmas!! And when did she get so big!?!?!!
I have basically both of those pairs of pajamas...Hope you had a great break!
Post a Comment