I can't believe my daughter is a Sunbeam (that's the name of the 3 year old class at church). The entire week I talked to Hannah about primary and that it was going to be fun as she would get to sing songs and learn of Jesus. She was excited all week until we dropped her off after sacrament meeting (the main meeting where we partake of the sacrament). Hannah cried a little and she kept saying "I want to go to nursery. I want to go to nursery." (Nursery is the class that the 18 month - 3 year olds go to). I had a hunch she'd cry a little seeing that primary is not part of her Sunday routine, but I knew that Hannah would warm up eventually and have fun, and she did.
Hannah went to primary again today. As we were walking out of the chapel she said "I want to go to nursery." I told her that she couldn't go to nursery anymore because she was too big. I guess she must have accepted it because when we got to primary today she sat down in one of the little sunbeam chairs like a perfect angel, and didn't shed one tear. When I picked Hannah up today from her sunbeam class, her teachers said that she behaved really well and had fun. I was happy to hear that.
On a funny note: her teachers brought some cookies to share and eat during class, but apparently Hannah didn't want the cookies (she doesn't really know what cookies are), and that all she wanted were gold fish.
2 comments:
I think that is a great picture. I know that you know time flies so enjoy every second. ThankQ for sharing. Love G.P. Culmer
Man, I can't believe that girl is a sunbeam already! In our primary we just got a HUGE batch of sunbeams in the other week, and now junior primary never starts without a batch of meltdowns. I'm glad she's adjusting :)
Post a Comment