Thursday, August 31, 2017

An eclipsing August

August was filled with family, school, cars, mother nature, and bars and beams...

Proclamation on the Family👪

Our Stake Presidency encouraged the members of the stake to "memorize" the Proclamation on the Family (I say "memorize" because it was later clarified that the Stake Presidency wanted us to memorize more of the doctrine and principles in the Proclamation).

So I took the Proclamation (which is 29 sentences long), and gave each of my young women 2-3 sentences each to memorize one night.  And I'm proud to say the girls rose to the occasion (leaders too) and memorized their parts.  Then, we recited the Proclamation in front of the young men.

Honestly, it was one of my favorite activities ever.


New School Year🎒

Hannah started another school year.

Nathan gave Hannah a father's blessing the night before school started.  It was very sweet, and it brought back great memories of my childhood.  It's nice to continue traditions (on both sides of the family) continue on.

And here she is on her first day of school!  She was so excited to wear this dress for her first day.  The only thing that made her sad was that her new shoes didn't arrive in time. 😞


Vehicles🚙

We had decided that we were going to put our Subaru on the market and get a different car.  When we came to that decision, the very next day the car overheated: cracked radiator.😠

It must have heard us talking about it, got its feelings hurt, and decided to get some revenge.  So we fixed the car and started to look for another one...

And we found one!  Let's just say it's a good "fit" for our family.




Gymnastics🏅

Hannah started gymnastics this month and she LOVES it!

This girl will not stop doing cartwheels.  In fact, I got a note from her teacher one day informing me that Hannah got a warning at school because "she was doing gymnastics in class."


Eclipse🌒

One of the up sides of living in the south was that we were just 3 hours away from the Path of Totality with the solar eclipse.  So, we traveled up and met up with Nathan's family.  It was AMAZING!  There are just a few times in my life where I have been in such awe with nature, and this was one of those events!

This is a picture my brother-in-law took with his camera and filter.

Hannah zonked out in the car.


Miscellaneous

Hannah was excited to wear one her new shirts.

One of Hannah's favorite Saturday morning activities: pancakes with Daddy.

Hot and humid weather in the South.

I had a nasty canker sore in my mouth.  To help me live through the pain I had to put some awful smelling medicine on it that stung for a bit.😕   But once it was on, then I was able to eat, talk, and function.

Sometimes Hannah can be rather sleepy in the mornings.  But not this morning!

When we were on our way back home from an outing we passed a rather large religious revival on the side of the road.  Got to love the south!

1 comment:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I love the roadside revival sign:

If you know Jesus, honk.
If you don't, pull over.