Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October: A trick or a Treat?

October was definitely a treat for us this month. 

General Conference🎤

We started off the month with General Conference!  It was exactly what I needed.  I love how conference can re-charge my batteries.

We made some cookies in the morning, and Hannah kept asking "what time does conference start?"

She was finally happy when it came on.  I'm not going to lie -- it warmed my heart.😊


Bye bye Subaru👋

We sold the Subaru.  In many ways, it was sad to see this car go.  We bought this vehicle to help us get out of debt.  Well, it served it's purpose and it is time to move on / slightly up in car.


CRV = Culmer Recreational Vehicle🚙

That's what we call our CRV (Culmer Recreational Vehicle).  A few days after we sold the Subaru we purchased a CRV.

We worked hard on accomplishing this car goal, and we finally did it!


School stuff

Hannah had two pretty big functions at school.

One of the functions was called "Rockfest."  It's a day when all the school participates in a "knowledge fair" of sorts.  I was able to go and hang out for a little bit of it.  Hannah had a blast.

They also celebrated the 50th day of school by dressing up 50s style and having floats.  Hannah really liked her hair.


Pillowcases

When I was a kid my mom made some seasonal pillowcases.  We loved these as kids and it helped us get into the mood for whatever the upcoming holiday was.  I asked Hannah if she'd like me to make her some pillow cases, and she responded with a very enthusiastic "YES!"

Here's the Halloween one (which she will use to Trick-or-Treat):

Here's the Thanksgiving one:

And here is the Christmas one:

I'll make the others (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day, etc.) in a few months.  In the meantime, these will suffice.


Bama Bell

One of the ladies that works in the same building as me reserved a boat to cruise up and down the Black Warrior River.

The sunset was gorgeous!

Hannah also had a blast.  In fact, she was very upset when we had to get off the boat.  She wanted to come back the next day and do it all over again.

She got to drive to boat for about 30 minutes of the excursion as well.


Halloween🎃

Hannah was Elsa this year for Halloween.  She had the shoes for it and all!

When we met up with some friends, one of the other girls her age dressed up as Anna (and no, we did not plan this).

Trick-or-Treating

The University's athletic department held their annual Halloween Extravaganza.  Hannah loved going around and playing all the different kinds of sports.


Miscellaneous

Hannah had fun one morning with her hair clips.

One day while I was waiting for the mechanic to finish working on my car, I noticed this VERY tall and muscular guy walked in.  The owners of the shop were asking the guy "Ole Miss still licking their wounds?  What's your practice schedule this week?"  My guess was it was one of the football players.  This picture doesn't even begin to show how muscular and thick his legs were!

One Friday afternoon, Hannah and I relaxed some by watching a Hallmark movie on my bed.  A few moments later I heard some snoring and found this:

More gymnastics for our little gymnast.

Hannah broke ANOTHER towel rack 😠 .  So we had her purchase a new one at Home Depot, and then she installed it with the help of daddy.

Now onto November!

No comments: