Sunday, January 3, 2010

Marriage is all about compromises

I'm sure we have all heard that everyone makes compromises in their marriages, right? I think this compromise is hilarious though.

Nathan does not like chocolate, and I do (I'm sure you see the problem). If I make any kind of dessert I usually have to go the non chocolate route. Well today, I really wanted something with chocolate in it (what can I say...I'm a girl). So what in the world was I supposed to do? Bake an entire cake with chocolate frosting and eat the entire thing myself? NO WAY!

Then the inspiration came to me: make a cake, split it into two pans, and then frost each pan differently. GENIUS!
Another funny thing: Nathan does not like sprinkles on his cake. So that's why my cake has the fun sprinkles. Ah Nathan...

Interestingly enough, Nathan remembered a similar compromise we made a few months into our marriage for his birthday. We called it the "politically correct" cake.
I like today's solution better. It's so much easier.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

me and your boyfriend will share the chocolate cake with you...

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

Oh, we wish we were there to share that cake with you. It sounds like a great compromise. We miss yoU!!!

Kaye and Mike said...

I love your politically correct cake!

Mary Ann said...

That would be a tough problem. :) I like your solutions. I didn't know about the dislike of sprinkles too, how funny. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

When Phillip and I were dating, he insisted he didn't like chocolate. I don't know where he got that notion, though, because whenever I made or bought anything with chocolate in it, he ate some and enjoyed it. Now if anyone makes brownies or chocolate chip cookies, it's usually him. Weird.

Tawnya said...

Your cake looks way better! Chocolate and sprinkles!!!!!! Jed doesn't like frosting at all, weirdo!