Friday, February 19, 2010

Rachel's trip to California

A couple weeks ago Nathan had to take comprehensive exams (comps) for his graduate program. Comps are brutal exams that require tedious amounts of work and no distractions. Nathan and I decided that it would be best if ALL distractions were eliminated during comps week--me being the biggest (and cutest) one of course.

So I packed my bags and went to visit my family in California which was a nice change of weather and scenery. Despite being sick like my last visit, I did still get to do lots of things.

I got to eat at some of my favorite places.

I got to visit with my grandparents.

I got to see my sister with her new Harley Davidson.

I got to feed the ducks with my mom. And one of the ducks snipped at me. Greedy little duck! Where are your manners?

I got to visit with my in-laws.

I got to visit with my former co-workers.

I got to work on my Granddaddy's family history with my mom.

I got to go bowling with my family. Our scores were pretty pathetic--no one broke 100. I won the game with a whopping score of 94 points!

But the best part--I got to visit with my family.

7 comments:

Being Breta said...

It was great having you here! We DID have a great time, huh?!

Jared & Tristan said...

Ooo! I bet you were a little bummed about coming back to this weather! But I'm sure being back home with Nathan made it better.

Erin said...

Love the motorcycle and the leather. What a cool girl! Any news on the results?

Amy said...

What a great vacation! I'm sure it wasn't any fun being sick, but you did have your mother to take care of you! There is nothing like that in the world!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun and productive vacation!

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

How fun! I'm so glad you could get away and take a little break with family. You deserve it and I'm sure they've been missing you.

Cameron and Erin said...

Personally, I like the double strike followed by the triple gutter lol. Looks like a lot of fun.