Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


Happy Father's Day Nathan!


This year was Nathan's first "real" Father's Day and I wanted to make it special for him. I started planning for it several weeks ago and have been super giddy about it ever since.

Hannah and I went to a local ceramic shop last week and made a plate for Nathan. I had so much fun making it and was super excited to give it to Nathan. I wanted to tell him about it so bad but I didn't want to ruin the surprise. Finally...Father's day arrived and I gave him the plate.

Nathan LOVED it! It was actually a neat experience to watch him open a gift that Hannah and I made together. Upon opening the gift he started to get teary eyed and then we both got emotional about it. We have waited several years to have Hannah come into our lives and it was a very touching experience.

I also made him an awesome dinner and I got his favorite ice-cream from Heyns. We invited a few friends over for dinner and played a some games which was a lot of fun too. The horrible part about that day was my absent minded brain. I forgot to take pictures with the 3 of us, of the dinner, and our friends. GRRR! I think it had something to do with our insane weekend (I'll blog about that on another day). Oh well. At least I got pictures of Nathan opening his gift.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOVE the picture of Hannah and Nathan. Adorable!