Thanksgiving 2011
We did not dine at the Iowa River Power Restaurant this year. Instead, we went over to a friends place and dined with several other friends there. It was a filling day -- with food and fun!
After dinner Brookie, Nathan, Brookie's brother (whose name is also Nathan), Lael, and Dave all played the Pirates of the Caribbean game, while Abby and I did some dishes and started cleaning up. FYI--the Pirates game is a real fun one. I recommend you get it. One fun rule we like to do is to talk as if we were pirates (as you can see on Lael's face below).
While the adults were playing the Pirate game Hannah just hung out and played with some toys. She really enjoyed the mirror and a few books (she is really into books right now).
After playing games and visiting for a while we ate dessert! I completely forgot to take pictures of the pies (the picture below I took a few years back). There were two apple pies, one pumpkin pie, and they were delicious! Apple pie is my favorite part of Thanksgiving!
It started to get late and Hannah was ready to go so we packed up and headed home. After putting Hannah to bed we pulled out the Christmas decorations. I figured with Hannah out of the way it was a good time to put up the tree and decorate. Nathan and I were watching The Two Towers (Lord of the Rings) and while I was decorating I suddenly noticed that Kronk had climbed up the tree! He has never done this before in the 5 years we've had him. It was so funny that we had to grab the camera.
Here Mom...I posted this video for you. :)
After decorating the tree and finishing our movie, Nathan and I were off to bed. It was a very relaxing, yet productive Thanksgiving.

2 comments:
That looks like a really fun Thanksgiving! Love Kronk in the tree!
Thanks for the video of Kronk trying to figure out how to jump out of a "not-so-stable" tree! I laughed at his confusion.
Post a Comment