This week has been the week of death for Nathan and I. All three of us (yes, including Hannah) have been sick with a very nasty cold. Luckily, Hannah did not get it as bad as we did and for that we are grateful! This cold was so bad that it literally wiped Nathan and I out for 4 days. I am not kidding (one of the first days we were sick I was so out of it that when I was putting my clean Cutco knife away I tried to put it in my refrigerator).
But thanks to LOADS of dayquil/nyquil, LOADS of ibuprofen, Mentholatum, Vick's vapo-rub, 6+ boxes of Kleenexes (w/lotion of course), many hot showers, homemade chicken noodle soup, another spicy dinner to drain the sinuses, and some rest we started to recuperate from this nasty bug. Thank you for everyone that offered to help--we really appreciated it. :)
In fact, yesterday I was feeling so much better that I was a cleaning machine and cleaned all day long. I cleaned everything from the bathroom to the inside of my refrigerator, to wiping off the face of cupboards and door frames to Hannah's high chair. I wanted that nasty bug out of my house!
As the week progressed, I felt bad for Nathan because it was his birthday week and this is not the most welcome way to spend a birthday. He got behind in work due to being sick that he had to spend most of his birthday playing catch up.
We did have a few pleasant things happen this week: Nathan got a nice bundle of birthday cash, we got to go out to dinner this weekend to celebrate, he got to eat his favorite dessert for his birthday (cake batter ice-cream from Heyns), and he was able to spend time with Hannah. It has been fun to play with her this week because she started to walk this last Sunday. She gets so excited and has such a proud face as she is walking that it just melts your heart. We took a video of her for the family to see, as some have requested walking videos.
One of the best highlights for Nathan (besides his ice-cream) was a conference call with his family (unfortunately, not everyone has web cams). Look at Kronk all bundled up next to Nathan. So cute! By the way...can you tell that we were sick this last week with pillows on the couch with tissues and Mentholatum up are the back of the sofa?
Happy Birthday Nathan! I'm just sorry that it had to land in the week of us being deathly ill.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Nathan!!
Rachel, thanks so much for your nice note. That was so kind of you to send that to me and it was appreciated so much. You thanked me enough after the wedding and I was thrilled to do it for you and Nathan. I am always happy to help family and love to be needed. It was so good to see you last year!
Thank you for the video of some of Hannah's first steps. It won't be long now until she is running! Loved it!
How on EARTH did people survive colds in the olden days? No Nyquil! No Kleenex with lotion! No hot showers! I love, love life in the 21st century. Especially when I'm sick. Happy birthday to Nathan, and I'm glad you're all feeling better!
Heyns. Mmmmm.
You've got to have Mentholatum! I would die without that stuff when I'm sick. Happy Birthday Nathan!
Post a Comment