Hannah got an ugly looking black eye today that made her look like Quasimodo.
Hannah was walking from one couch to the other and as she lost her footing she started to turn around to go back to the other couch, fell down, and hit her face right smack on the wooden portion of our sofa. I saw the entire thing happen and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I grabbed her afterwards as I knew she had hit the couch (plus, there was a rather large thud) and I immediately saw that her eye was swollen, blue, and enough skin scraped off to have a small amount of blood. Fortunately, however, I think the laceration was fairly superficial and didn't warrant sutures. We'll see how it looks tomorrow morning.
On the plus side, Hannah did the sign bath for the first time on Monday. It was so adorable that I had to take a video of it. Hannah is actually getting pretty good with sign langage. She can physically do about 6 signs, though she understands about 4 more but hasn't quite figured out the dexterity on how to do them yet.
FYI--the reason Hannah is naked in this video is because I was just about to put her in the bath (which she LOVES), but decided to grab the camera and capture this fun moment.

5 comments:
Lucky girl! I remember once I injured my eye and didn't even get a shiner out of it--such a let-down! Love the one-handed bath sign.
oh Hannah! her first black eye... right? I know it's terrible to say, but she looks pretty darn cute with a shiner! Love the comparison with Quasimodo.
I agree she still looks pretty cute. Scary as a mom! She looks like a lot of my patients!
Poor girl! That looks painful! Nile constantly has a bruise on his head from bumping it.
Poor Hannah, I hope she is alright and that it is healing fine. Rachel, she is sooooo adorable!
Post a Comment