Nathan was so proud of me that he wanted me to post this story on our blog.
Last night while Nathan was at a church meeting I went to the mall to run some errands. I ended up staying at the mall longer than I intended due to a torrential down pour (gotta love the Midwest storms). While I was waiting in line to purchase some Reese's peanut butter cups I noticed a teenage kid nonchalantly trying to steal a candy bar for himself. He made eye contact with me as he was in the act committing the crime, and yet he still took the candy bar--idiot.
As he walked by with the Nestle crunch bar in hand I grabbed him by the wrist! I scolded the teenage kid and told him that he should not steal and that it is flat out wrong. After saying that he was sorry (probably for getting caught) he put the candy bar back and caught up with his friends.
So there is my heroic act of trying to rid the world of theft and crime!

5 comments:
what I'm most impressed about is that you are already indulging cravings for peanut butter cups! You go, Rachel!
Can I just say I love you? You are completely awesome.
Wow you are brave! Glad he didn't pop you one in the teeth. Way to stand up for what's right.
Dang, girl! You're the bomb. Your kids are going to be good seeds, I can feel it.
Way to go you!! I don't know that I would have done that! You rule!
Post a Comment