Though it's been sung many times, many ways---Merry Christmas to you!
I got up at about 7:15 am this morning and got started on the turkey, the cookies, and defrosting the rolls. Then I quickly did my make up just as Hannah was starting to wake up. Around 8:30 am we opened gifts and Hannah loved it! Well, she mainly enjoyed the the wrapping paper and boxes. But she did enjoy her presents as well.
As usual, Kronk also had a blast in the wrapping paper and ribbons.
Nathan got a bicycle helmet, and some 180s for his ears (he's been really wanting some for a couple years).
I got the complete collection of the Jane Austen novels (my goal is to read all of them next year), some earrings, the book Decorating for Dummies (I'm trying to learn how to decorate my house), some M&Ms, and an old Night Before Christmas pop-up book that I used to have when I was a kid.
Hannah got three books, some clothes, a princess kit, and a walking toy.
After opening gifts we finished getting ready (doing our hair, getting into church clothes, etc.) and went to church. It was a nice change to have church on Christmas Day. When we came home from church we changed into more comfy clothes and put Hannah down for a nap. Unfortunately for us, she only took about a 40 minute nap! Yep...a 40 minute nap for ALL DAY meant that we had a very cranky child. The only good part about that was she went down for bed at 6:00 pm.
We had our friend Dan over again for dinner this year. We really enjoy spending time with him.
I managed to get a picture of my table, but I didn't get a picture of the food--darn it! Oh well, at least I took more pictures this year. :) For dinner we had turkey, Paula Deen's twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole, Rhodes rolls, and raspberry shortbread thumbprint cookies. Yes...it was a fantastic (and fattening) dinner.
Throughout the day we also talked with our families on the phone and on webcams. I am so grateful for technology these days. When we were skyping with Nathan's family I noticed that Kronk was underneath the tree, all snuggled up to the light box. So funny.
The best part of the day though was in remembering why we celebrate Christmas day. I often reflected about the miracle of the Savior's birth. What a glorious and wonderful event for mankind. Because Jesus Christ was born, he was later able to atone for our sins so that we could return to live with Him and Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for this day that the world sets aside to commemorate the birth of our Savior, and Him giving us the best gift mankind could ever receive--eternal life!
5 comments:
What a fun Christmas!!
I finished reading all of Jane Austen's books over the summer while Isaac was gone and LOVED it! Pride & Prejudice is still the best, I think, but the others are still great. I hope you enjoy them. Good luck with the decorating. If that book works for you maybe I should try it out too :)
I think we had the same Night Before Christmas book when I was a kid.
Merry Christmas!
I love Hannah's tongue in that first picture :)
You are simply gorgeous!
Cute pictures of Christmas! You'll have to let me know what you learn from your decorating book. :) I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas.
Post a Comment