Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Before I post about this years Christmas, I must start with Christmas Eve.

As it was a Monday evening it meant that we did our FHE (Family Home Evening).  We took some video footage of Hannah singing two of her favorite FHE songs which are Popcorn Popping, and Head Shoulders Knees and Toes.  But blogger isn't allowing me to upload those videos at the moment so I'll have to do them later.  I'm too tired to figure out the problem.

After FHE, Hannah opened one gift.  They were two books from Grandma and Grandpa C.  Sorry, we didn't get any pictures last night.  Our camera is out of commission at the moment so we have to use our phones.

This morning Hannah woke up and she found that Santa had brought her a book, and some of her favorite fruit snacks.

We then proceeded to open some gifts:

Kronk enjoyed the opening of gifts, as usual.

Hannah enjoyed pushing all of her new things around in her shopping cart, and playing inside the box that it came in.  She also had lots of fun with Daddy.

Later today we went to our neighbors house for an Argentina themed dinner.  Each year, their family chooses a different country, and they make dishes associated with that country.  The food was really tasty!  I was assigned to bring a dessert. I decided to make Pasta Frola de Dulce de Membrillo - Quince Tart.  I still am not quite sure what it was.  This is what the picture on the recipe looked like.

And my dish looked nothing like it.  Let's just say that the instructions of the recipe were not too great.  But, it was still yummy so that's good.

I only took two pictures at our neighbors house.  We were so preoccupied with watching Hannah that we completely forgot to take pictures of the food.  And speaking of food, Hannah discovered Doritos tonight.  Her hands and face were covered with cheese so we took a very quick family picture with her, and then we quickly went to go wash her hands and mouth so she didn't get cheesy Doritos all over our neighbors home, or our clothes.

Afterwards we came home and face-timed with a good friend in California.  It was nice to catch up with Beth and wish her a Merry Christmas.  Living on the east coast makes it harder to talk with family due to the time change, so I think we'll end up chatting with them over the next few days.  It's just hard to do with all the chaos of Christmas going on.

Hannah did not want to go to bed at her usual time tonight so we played with her a little more. I think all of her new gifts were giving her some new found energy.  But eventually she went down and I was able to start on this blog post, but to be honest, I am tired and I would like to go to bed myself.

So Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

I love her and her shopping cart! What a sweetheart! Merry Christmas!