Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Journal goal accomplished

I have never been good at keeping a journal.  I always hated the idea of sitting down and writing -- you can get writers cramp, and also because there is no back space or delete buttons on a sheet of paper.  I found it frustrating.

But technology these days makes it much easier to keep a journal.  I started a private blog for myself in 2009 in hopes that I would do better at journaling.  I figured I could sit down during my lunch hours when I worked and type away.  Yeah, that never really happened.  I journaled once or twice every 3 or 4 months and that was pretty much it.  Pathetic, I know.

I realized that I needed to improve in this area so I set a goal to journal 3 times a month during the year 2012.  Well on December 2nd I accomplished my journaling goal!  Wahoo!

I actually enjoyed doing this undertaking.  In fact, I enjoyed it so much that instead of doing 36 journal entries this year I did 53 -- which is a major accomplishment for me!
This is one goal that I am going to continue year after year.  It's been quite therapeutic, and a great way for preserving memories in my life.

1 comment:

Camber said...

Good job, Rachel! I never thought about doing a private blog, but that's such a great idea for journaling, especially if you want to include pictures and stuff in your journal. I've never liked the idea of using my very public blog as my "journal". The two things are very separate in my mind. Also, you are definitely my inspiration in the goal-setting arena. I love that you're constantly setting awesome goals for yourself.