Last week/weekend we celebrated my birthday -- woo woo!
My birthday was pretty good. Hannah behaved well, and so did Emily (the little girl that I watch part time). Hannah and I slept in, and while she ate breakfast I made dinner and put it in the crock pot (gott love the crock pot).
When Emily came over we loaded up in the car and went to a play group at the church. Hannah and Emily were the only ones running around in the gym for a while and they thoroughly enjoyed it.
I couldn't help but take a picture of Hannah's hair. It looked too cute.
After play group we came home, and the kids took naps while I talked on the phone with friends and family. One of my favorite parts of my day was talking to my good high school friend, Janna. We talk on our birthdays every year! I'm so glad we keep in touch.
I later opened birthday cards and presents. You can never go wrong with the green gift of money, in my opinion. I think my favorite gift is the dustbuster that Nathan got me. I wanted something that I could quickly access to clean up all the crumbs kids leave on my kitchen/dinning room floors. You know you are a mom when the first gift you ask for your birthday is a dustbuster.
Over the weekend, Nathan took me out and we did some shopping. We ended up eating and unplanned dinner at Panera (the power was out at our house so I couldn't heat up our food). It was nice to eat a dinner with just the two of us.
Thank you to all who gave such generous gifts, and took the time out of your day to call me. It truly meant a lot. All in all, it was a great birthday.
Dustbuster picture courtesy of Google images

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Rachel!!
Happy Birthday! Hope you have another great year ahead. Miss you friend!
Happy birthday! I am laughing right now as my birthday is coming up and I have been fighting the urge to ask Derek for a dustbuster. WIth your post I can now feel less silly! haha! It's like a minivan, just so dang practical!
Post a Comment