Monday, April 11, 2011

The atypical birthday

My birthday this year was very different. It wasn't bad or anything, it was just not your usual birthday. Plus, it doesn't help that it landed on a Monday. Here is how it went:

8:45 am--woke up to Nathan and Hannah singing me Happy Birthday which was so precious. Nathan let me sleep in! THANK YOU HONEY! That was such a great gift.

8:50 am--feed Hannah and get her dressed for the day.

9:20 am--Start a load of laundry, go into the kitchen to unload the dishwasher and make breakfast for Nathan and I while Nathan vacuums (thanks honey for another great gift--really).

10:00 am--run to the store to grab a few items.

10:40 am--put dinner ingredients together so that I can just toss it in the oven later.

11:00 am--Feed Hannah and put her down for a nap.

11:10 am--Start 2nd load of laundry.

11:15 am--Work out.

12:30 pm--Feed Hannah.

12:40 pm--Start 3rd load of laundry, shower, and put myself together while I talk on the phone
with my sister Emily.

1:40 pm--Put dinner in the oven (it needed to bake for 3 hours).

2:00 pm--Hannah takes yet another nap.

2:05 pm--Eat lunch while working on computer.

3:00 pm--Feed Hannah.

3:15 pm--Put Hannah in Baby Bjorn and go for a walk.
3:40 pm--Welcome Nathan home from work, open birthday cards that I received in the mail
(thanks to everyone).

3:55 pm--Hannah goes down for another nap.

4:00 pm--Finish preparing dinner (we have to eat early because Nathan teaches a class on
Monday nights at 6:00 pm).

4:50 pm--Dinner is ready just as Hannah wakes up (great timing...I know). I look forward to the day when I can eat a meal with no interruptions.

5:05 pm--After inhaling my food I feed Hannah.

5:30 pm--Take over dish duty and kiss Nathan good-bye as he leaves for his night class.

5:45 pm--Play with Hannah, pick up around the house, put the 3 loads of laundry away, and get Hannah ready for bed.

7:10 pm--Feed Hannah for the final time.

7:35 pm--Sit in a nice relaxing bath and read my scriptures.

8: 30 pm--Write in my journal, greet Nathan as he comes home, and work on my church calling.

9:50 pm--Talk on the phone to one of my best friends from high school.

11:00 pm--Talked with Nathan, pumped, said prayers, read scriptures as a couple.

11:40 pm--BED.

But this here is the best gift of all: a beautiful, healthy, and happy baby who just smiles at me all day long (unless she's having a melt down).

4 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Welcome to mommyhood. This "atypical" birthday will probably be pretty typical for the next few years. :)

Tawnya said...

what a birthday. Laundry, dishes, feeding baby...Hope it was all wonderful!! Happy birthday!

Amy said...

Your children will always be and give you the best gifts on your birthday! Happy belated Birthday!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday!! Your little Hannah is so adorable. I am sorry your Mother was preoccupied with us on your birthday.