Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blowout at Kohls

You would think that the title to this post would indicate that there is a huge blowout sale at Kohl's. WRONG! It refers to a DIAPER blowout at Kohl's. Here's the story:

It actually started last night. As I was putting Hannah in her car seat to head to my cousin's bridal shower, I said to my mom "Hannah has not pooped once today!" My mom raised her eyebrows and said "well when she does poop it will probably be a big blowout." Nevertheless we went out the door and headed up to Chino Hills for the shower. Hannah was a GREAT baby at the shower. She just sat in her car seat and was an angel, though she was very skeptical with all the people and loud noises.

After about an hour of games, she started to get a little fussy. No problem. It's been a few hours since she last ate so she is probably hungry. I grabbed her bottle and set it to the side. As I pulled her out of the car seat I noticed that her backside was covered in poop. It was a blowout indeed! So I took her in the other room to change her diaper and clean her up. I always carry a spare outfit with me because of situations like this. Later that night when Hannah was sleeping I started a load of wash so the clothes could soak overnight.

The next day (today): I fed Hannah when she woke up and then got her dressed for the day. About an hour later as I get out of the shower my mom brings Hannah to me and says that she feels wet. So I changed her diaper and her outfit as she had just peed through the diaper. I then put her in outfit #2 which she spit ups on within a few minutes of wearing it. My reaction--wipe it up and deal with it. She's only been up for 2 hours and there is no way I'm putting a third outfit on.

A few hours later I dropped my mom off at work and decided that I was going to head to Kohl's and do more birthday shopping. I was waiting at a stoplight when I heard Hannah make her deposit in her diaper. I thought to myself "Great! I will be willing to bet that she has a huge blowout."

I walk into Kohl's and head straight to the restroom. Sure enough she had a blowout and it was so bad that it ended up seeping onto her car seat. So I take her clothes off and wipe her and her car seat down with baby wipes. Then it hit me--Hannah's spare outfit is still in the washing machine. I have no clothes to put her in and no blanket to wrap around her! After putting a fresh diaper on I bundled her up with the two burp cloths that I had on hand and put my nursing cover over those (it was slightly chilly out side), and walked out of Kohl's. I didn't even get to shop.

Below are the shots of the layers I wrapped her in:

1 comment:

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

I am still waiting for one of those blowouts to happen in a public place... Great story!!