Saturday, May 21, 2011

Family dinner and a breast pad

While I was visiting my parents we had a great family dinner with a few other siblings that were in California at the time. It was so nice to have a dinner outside with great weather.



But the best part of the evening was when my 3 year old niece came outside and gave me this:


If you are thinking "is that a breast pad?" you are right! During dinner, Elizabeth had to go use the restroom. She went inside to take care of her business and then came back outside to join the rest of the us with a breast pad in hand. She quietly came up to me and said "Here Aunt Rachel. I think this is yours." Everyone at the table looked at what she had just put on the table and we all started laughing. My mom, sisters and I could not stop giggling. Elizabeth must have been so bored while using the potty that she started digging through the trash and found a breast pad.

I guess privacy and modesty really do go out the window when you have children.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it! I can't believe how big Elizabeth has gotten since I last saw her. I am glad you enjoyed your visit in California.

Angela and Enrique said...

That is awesome.

Amy said...

Too funny! I'm so glad you had a great visit with your family.

Tawnya said...

He he he!! Awesome!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

best story ever!!

Kellie and Brian said...

Ha Ha Ha! That is AWESOME! Maggie discovered feminine hygiene products in our bathroom the other day. She didn't approve of my answer, "I don't know what it is."