Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mom's visit

Nathan, Hannah, and I just returned from dropping my mom off at the airport. She was kind to enough take time out of her busy schedule and help us with the arrival of Hannah. We feel a deep sense of gratitude for her selfless service during this time. She was so helpful with meals, cleaning, diaper changing, nighttime duty, help with nursing, running errands, etc. There is a part of me that wants to think that my mom will have no idea how much her coming out to Iowa meant to us...but then again she probably does know as she was once in the same situation over 30 years ago. Thanks mom for everything! We will miss you terribly.

On a different note, one thing that we did while my mom was here was a 3 generation photo shoot. I had the prompting to take advantage of some coupons and get some professional portraits done. I am so glad that I heeded that prompting as I now have some special moments captured forever.

5 comments:

Mallory Stoker said...

You look so good! And Hannah is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the three generation photo! I wish I had one of Grandmother, my Mother, and me. Always take those opportunities when they are available or you will regret it some day. I am sure it was great to have your Mom there.

Bonnie said...

That is a beautiful 3 generation picture! I agree with Jenny, I wish I had one taken of my Mother and girls! That is something you will always cherish! I am so happy that your Mother was able to come and help out! Mothers are always such a great help and support after having a baby! My Mother always came and helped out me with my babies!

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you your mom was able to come help you. Those are memories you will always cherish!

Tawnya said...

Oh Rachel that is just beautiful! You will treasure those pictures forever! And you look beyond beautiful!