Yesterday was my last day of work!
It was a very strange experience. I've been doing dental assisting for 14 years and now it's on to a new job that will last a lifetime -- motherhood!
I did some number crunching the other day at the office for my time I spent working here in Iowa. Here is what I came up with (within the last 4 years):
I have worked over 7,300 hours
I have taken over 1,200 impressions
I have taken over 1,200 impressions
I have done over 1,100 study models
And I've probably done over 13,000 procedures in the last 4 years (over 1,000 of those procedures were working on new patients within the last 2 years)
I wish there was a way that I could calculate how many hours, impressions, models, and patients I've worked on during my entire 14 years of dental assisting. I wonder how big those numbers would be.

9 comments:
Wow! That's a lot of hours. Your next job will be the most frustrating, exhilirating, rewarding job you never get paid for in monetary ways. Good luck with everything and I'm excited for your little girl to arrive! I Love You!
Oh my Rachel! You undoubtedly have been an amazing asset to Dr. Croco. I am sure he is lamenting your loss. But I know you've been looking forward to this. I hope we can still "talk shop" even when you are in the depths of parenting instead of dentistry. Wow, you go girl!
Your next job pays lousy, but the benefits make up for it. ;)
Now on to a new job-being a Mother! You will love it! I am so excited for you and can't wait until she arrives!
Congratulations! After reading this post, I realized what a huge and brave decision you have made. It can be hard to change your daily life in such fundamental ways. What a fun new stage in life. I hope you enjoy the plunge into Motherhood! You'll be amazing!
Holy smokes! No more teeth! Now you get bruised knees and skinned elbows. You are going to be a wonderful mother! It's my favorite occupation by far!
so what did you do on your first days of being "retired"?
Congratulations!! I am sure you will enjoy Motherhood!
Cute picture. And I love your number calculations. :)
Post a Comment