July 8, 2011
On Friday afternoon we headed over to the kennecott copper mine. When you're in the Salt Lake valley it is kind of hard to miss the copper mine cause it sticks out like a sore thumb.
I remember visiting the mine when I was about 12 years old and the only thing I remember: it was HUGE! And after 10 plus years it is still huge. In fact...it's probably bigger. Here is a picture of the big pit.
After the copper mine we headed to a park in the area to have a late picnic lunch.
The kids and the uncles enjoyed playing tag on the playground.
After the copper mine Nathan and I went to the Oquirrh mountain temple. It was beautiful! This is now one of my favorite temples. It is simply elegant. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture of us in front of the temple due to the lighting and position of the sun.
This is the view when you come out of the temple. Isn't it gorgeous?
Many thanks to Grandma and Jennifer for tending to Hannah while Nathan and I went out on our date.
3 comments:
Wow, you did so many fun things!! I haven't even done those things and I lived there!
You are quite the traveler lately! I would agree that the Oquirrh Mountain temple is my favorite small temple. The outside is unique and pretty, but the inside is just beautiful. I can't get over the staircase and the colors.
Hope you are doing well Rachel! I'm glad you and Nathan are being able to enjoy such fun places this summer.
Looks like so much fun and I love your new family picture on your header! so cute.
Post a Comment