On July 16th our friends (and neighbors) came to stay with Hannah while Nathan and I went out on a date. What did we do? We went to go see the final Harry Potter movie. My thoughts and reaction on the final movie? Well let me tell ya. We all know that the books are a HUNDRED times better than the movies! Hands down. All in all I thought the movie was pretty good but I was disappointed in a few things.
**Note: if you have not seen the last Harry Potter movie and don't want to know any spoilers then stop reading.**
#1 I'm so sad that there are no more movies left! Now I have to find a new movie series to look forward to.
#2 The battle of Hogwarts: I actually thought they did a pretty good job with it, but I was VERY disappointed on how the final battle with Harry and Voldemort took place. There was no in depth conversation between Harry and Voldemort about the horcruxes, the wand, etc. Also, there was no one around to witness the momentous battle and ending. Such a let down!
#3 The "19 years later" portion: Um...Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny did not look 20 years older. I'm starting to wonder if the producers ran out of money.
#4 Kings cross station: I actually was surprised that they put this in. I didn't think the producers would put this part in the movie but I'm glad they did. However, it felt rushed. Also, the "thing/creature" that Harry asks about in that scene you could tell that it was Voldemort. In the book, there is no clear description on what that thing is or looks like, but you assume that it is supposed to be a fragment of Voldemort's soul.
#5 The birth of Lupin and Tonk's child was not even mentioned until the forest with the resurrection stone. What's up with that? It's like the child just came from nowhere.
#6 The end with the elder wand. Seriously? Harry was supposed to repair his want first, and then return the elder wand to Dumbledore's tomb. I was so looking forward to Harry heading back up to the headmaster's office and having that final discussion about the hallows. Another let down!
Harry Potter picture courtesy of Google images.

1 comment:
I have similar complaints (especially not fixing his wand and the 20 years later thing), but considering it all, I think they did a really awesome job!
Post a Comment