The best part of the festivities...watching these guys playing the bagpipes. They were amazing.
The stage was magnificent and the actors superb. They did such an amazing job with reenacting what took place in Navuoo over 150 years ago. It was a very touching and wonderful experience. I encourage everyone to go see the show.
The best part was at the very end. Over the loud speaker there was a voice recording of President Gordon B. Hinckley that tied in perfectly with the pageant finale.
"Today, facing west, on the high bluff overlooking the city of Nauvoo, thence across the Mississippi, and over the plains of Iowa, there stands Joseph’s temple, a magnificent house of God. Here in the Salt Lake Valley, facing east to that beautiful temple in Nauvoo, stands Brigham’s temple, the Salt Lake Temple. They look toward one another as bookends between which there are volumes that speak of the suffering, the sorrow, the sacrifice, even the deaths of thousands who made the long journey from the Mississippi River to the valley of the Great Salt Lake." Gordon B. Hinckley, “‘O That I Were an Angel, and Could Have the Wish of Mine Heart’,” Ensign, Nov 2002
Gordon B. Hinckley picture courtesty of google images: http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/1/143/14399.jpg
Salt Lake Temple picture courtesy of google images: http://www.sacred-destinations.com/usa/images/utah/salt-lake-temple/resized/salt-lake-city-salt-lake-temple-wc-gfdl.jpg
Navuoo Temple picture courtesy of google images: http://www.mormonwiki.com/wiki/images/d/da/Nauvoo_Temple.jpg
3 comments:
What a special experience! I am so glad that you and Nathan were able to go!
What a great post!! We loved seeing the Pageant too and miss living closer to Nauvoo. Hope everything else is going well for you guys!!
Oooh, I'm so jealous! I would love to see the Nauvoo Pageant. I'm so glad you were able to attend. What wonderful memories you are making. I love keeping up on what you and Nathan are doing.
Post a Comment