We spent our Memorial Day weekend house hunting. I must say that (for me) it was a stressful and overwhelming weekend. I am very glad we went as it was a productive despite how hard this weekend was. But it was money well spent.
I will start off by saying that we have put an offer on a home and that is all the information I can give for the time being. While we were house hunting we were flabbergasted at how people staged their homes. The majority of the homes were not clean, were not de-cluttered, and a few of the times the current homeowners were there while we toured the home (which is a major no no)! Plus, some of the homes didn't have AC, which was awful as it was already 94 degrees at the end of May. Can you sense my why I was feeling stressed, discouraged, and overwhelmed in buying a home?
Hannah went house hunting with us and she did pretty well. It could not have been easy for her to have taken naps in the car, only to be interrupted by waking her up so that we could be shown the inside of a home we were looking at. But, she made it through the weekend and survived and we are very proud of her.
Despite the difficulties in house hunting, there were a few funny things that happened during the weekend. First, Nathan forgot to pack all of his shirts except two -- the shirt he wore on the plane and his pajama shirt. He even forgot to pack his suit for church. So, on Saturday we ended up going to the mall to purchase a few shirts for Nathan.
This is what Nathan wore to church on Sunday, and he HATED it because he was not wearing his Sunday best.
After church and Hannah's nap, we drove around and Nathan showed me where he would be working on campus at Willard Hall.
This building is Old Main. I actually think this is the back side of it. Oh well.
And this is Beaver Stadium, where the football team plays. Apparently, this is the 4th largest stadium in the WORLD! Yes, it is huge!
The funniest part of the trip (and I literally mean that) was the airport. I thought that the Cedar Rapids airport was small, but the State College airport takes the cake. After we got all checked in we went over to security so that we could go through that wonderful process, but we found this:
Yep...the security check point was gated closed. Apparently, they only open up security an hour before the flight departs. I couldn't believe it!
After we passed through security (which went really quick) we went to our "gate" and waited. There really aren't any gates in the SCE airport. It is just one big waiting room.
This was my favorite part of the airport. They had books that you could use and read while waiting for your flight. So funny!
Hannah loved the books of course, and she made instant friends. She kept taking books to other passengers and showing them her new "treasures." I tell ya, this kid is a charmer! In fact, she became friends with pretty much everybody in the waiting room and on the plane.
Again, to show you how small the airport was, this is how you board the planes there in State College. Yep...there are no jet-ways/air-bridges. Just the good old fashioned way going up on the steps up to the plane.
Well...that pretty much sums up our trip to State College.
2 comments:
Stressful! I'm sure you'll find something great eventually. Hannah is such a cutie.
Congrats on the graduation!! That is so awesome. That has been a long haul for all of you and you all have been amazing through it.
Love the bag you made, so darling!
Where are you moving to?
Great new adventures await you! Good luck.
Post a Comment