Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sunday dinner, beauty pirates, and Itsy Bitsy Spider

On Sunday, we had a big dinner with some of my family members at my aunt and uncle's house.  It was really nice to visit with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends that we haven't seen in a long time.

Hannah enjoyed the new toys, as long as Nathan and I were around to watch her.  She was too nervous with all of the new faces.

Of course, we had to take a family shot with my grandparents.  They are just the best!

The true entertainment was to watch Turbo, a caique bird, play with on favorite toy--the vacuum.  He LOVES the vacuum and it is so fun to watch him cling to it with glee.

And we got to do "beauty pirates."  This phrase goes way back from when I was a little girl.  We used to take my Grandma's play jewelry and get all dolled up when we were kids.  But these days it is very different.  When my Aunt Nancy purchases make up throughout the year, she will occasionally get the free gifts with it.  She takes out the make up that she wants/uses, and then sets aside the make up that she doesn't want for her nieces.  Then, once a year she lets the girls take turns and choose the make up supplies they want.

I love beauty pirates because this is how I get stocked up on my mascara!  Over the past 6 years I have missed out on so much of it.  So when I get to participate I love it all the more.

After the family dinner, we headed home and got Hannah ready for bed.  She enjoyed playing hide-n-seek, and singing one of her favorite songs "Itsy Bitsy Spider."

No comments: