For a few months now I have been wanting to make a "Sunday bag." I have wanted a bag that was large enough for me to carry Hannah's Sunday toys and books to keep her busy during church, along with my Sunday materials (scriptures, manuals, pens/pencils, etc).
I bought this sewing pattern for large tote bag at a local sewing shop. I saw the model there in the store and saw how big and sturdy it was so I decided to make it. I am happy to report that it is REALLY easy to make -- and for me to say that as a beginner must mean that is will be a cinch for experienced sewers.
The first time I made the bag I did not use the interfacing and that turned out to be a mistake. With no interfacing the bag turned out to be flimsy and floppy, and it couldn't stand on its own. I just wasn't functioning for a Sunday bag so I turned it into my sewing bag to put all of my materials in for storage.
Being back at square one with wanting a Sunday bag, I decided to make a whole new bag. I also decided to make extra pockets inside with my let over material. Check out the finished result.
Here is what the outside of the bag looks like.
Here is the inside with all the pockets. It originally is supposed to have 2 big pockets, but I added 5 more smaller ones for my phone, sunglasses, sippy cups, etc.
And here is what it looks like with all the necessities inside.
I must say I am pretty proud of myself. A few years ago I would have never guessed I would have made such a thing.
6 comments:
Dude, Rach, this is AWESOME!!!! I LOVE the fabric inside :)
Great job! The more pockets the better!!
you did so awesome!
way to go! I am so impressed!
Thank you for inspiring me!
Nice work! And how handy that you could customize the number of pockets for the things you always take along.
Post a Comment