Hannah LOVES animals--especially cats and dogs. She is intrigued by them and wants to interact with them very much. My parents have a cat that we call "Da-Fuzz." She is a really sweet cat and tolerates being pet by children, which is not the norm. Of course Hannah was in heaven and enjoyed Da-Fuzz, though I don't think Da-Fuzz enjoyed Hannah as much.
One of the things that I wanted to do while we were visiting California was to go to the Newport Beach Temple, and I wanted to go on May 1st. The main reason why I really wanted to go on May 1st is because that marked the anniversary of Nathan proposing to me (we got engaged on the temple grounds that were then under construction). We had planned on going to the temple that night while my parents watched Hannah, but unfortunately I got the stomach flu that day (yuck) and was in no condition to go. So, we ended up going a few days later with Hannah and having a Cafe Rio picnic lunch (yum) on the temple grounds.
This is what the temple looked liked when we got engaged 8 years ago.
And this is what it looks like now! We think this is roughly the spot where the proposal happened.
And here are a few more shots I took of the temple that day. The weather in the early part of the day was chilly so I had Hannah wear a sweater, but that afternoon it got really hot and I had to take off her sweater.

1 comment:
I love your engagement story. He he...
Post a Comment